Learning how to correctly store your cheese is vital, as it will ensure the cheese is delicious for eating for the longest period possible.
Once you open the cheese from Carine Cuisine, we recommend storing it in the following ways (of course, that is if you’ve got any leftovers):
- Hard, aged cheeses (Parmigiano-Reggiano, aged Gouda etc): First wrap in wax or parchment paper, then add a layer of plastic wrap.
- Blue cheeses (Gorgonzola, Roquefort etc): Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Semi-hard and hard cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss, Gruyere etc): Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Soft, semi-soft, and stinky cheeses (Goat, Camembert, Brie, Limburger etc): Place in a resealable plastic container.
- Fresh cheeses in water (Mozzarella, Feta etc): Leave the cheese in the original packaging, changing the water every couple of days.
As a general rule: the firmer the cheese, the longer it will last. See all our cheeses here!