Creating a perfect cheese platter may seem overwhelming for some. Though our friendly staff at Carine Cuisine are more than happy to help you out in your selection, we would like to share with you a hassle-free guide to choosing the right cheese.
A range of about five different cheeses will generally be enough. We suggest choosing one cheese from the following types.
- Aged: Vintage cheddar, goat Gouda, Swiss, etc.
- Soft: La Bouche D’Affinois (Brie), Le Conquerant (Camembert), Truffle Brie
- Firm: Gruyere, Jarlsberg, Monterey Jack, Provolone
- Blue: Stilton, Gorgonzola, Bleu D’Auvergne
- Lastly, either a goat or sheep milk cheese: Midnight moon (Goat’s milk Gouda)
Allow the cheese to come to room temperature before serving. This will bring out the full flavour in the cheese.
- Serve with crackers and a variety of breads including sliced baguette and bread sticks, or for something different try our vegetable ‘flats’
- Serving with a dip, pesto, pate or paste is also another great option to include in your platter. We stock a range of Maggie Beers Pates and Pastes (including apricot paste, plum paste, fig & fennel paste, cabernet paste, and pate). We also have a range of dips and pesto’s in store
- Cured meats such as prosciutto, coppa and salami
- Assorted seasonal and dried fruits can include figs, cherries, apples, apricots and pears.
We suggest having about 100 grams of cheese per person.